Usually parents notice the first symptoms of a disease at the child in the early childhood. Further there can be periodic aggravations (recurrence). We will tell readers why there is this illness, what its distinctive signs. We will talk and about effective methods of treatment of atopic dermatitis, we will pay special attention to the healthy nutrition preventing aggravations and deterioration of a condition of integuments. So, about everything one after another.
Why there is an atopic dermatitis
Physicians consider as the main reason hereditary predisposition to allergic reactions. Such state is called as the term "atopiya", as formed the basis of the name of an illness. People with atopic dermatitis have a gene which is responsible for the increased development with an organism of special immune cages, they also cause an allergy. As a rule, in a family of the diseased the relatives having an allergy to pollen, hair of animals, any food or having the diagnosis are this type of dermatitis of the child already. Existence of golden staphylococcus on integuments of the child can be one more push provoking an illness. Waste products of this microorganism also cause allergic reactions. Still causative agents of seboreyny dermatitis at children (a malassezi furfur), and also sort fungi Candida and others can be the cause of allergic manifestations. Some more the factors promoting in a consequence to emergence in the kid of atopic dermatitis are revealed:
- the complicated pregnancy at mother;
- viral diseases and reception of some medicines during pregnancy;
- non-compliance with a diet during expectation of the child;
- late applying of the baby to a breast or artificial feeding;
- early or wrong input of a feeding up;
- violation of balance of microflora in intestines, a situation when there pathogenic microorganisms dominate;
- violation at the child of sokratitelny ability of a gall bladder and difficulty in a bile otkhozhdeniye on channels (dyskinesia);
- helminthic diseases at children;
- frequent , sinusitis, frontita, , tonsillitis, bronchitis, tracheitises and other LOR-diseases at early age.
The illness most often has an effect at the newborn or at the baby. Distinguish two stages: an aggravation (when symptoms are brightly expressed) and remission (a zatikhaniye or completely disappearance for some time all manifestations). Sometimes allergic manifestations appear only at school age, is much more rare – at adults. And, approximately by forty years the illness independently passes. Symptoms are various, everything depends on age of the patient, factors of a surrounding situation and Wednesday, weight of an illness. InfoAdvisor.net will list the typical and strong indications which are shown at most of patients:
- the strong skin itch, especially in a dream that often serves as the reason of violations of process of a dream and rest, the child does not get enough sleep, is capricious in the afternoon;
- eczemas when on the inflamed site there is a swelling, skin reddens, bubbles in which there is a transparent liquid are formed;
- there can be a dryness of skin, then there are cracks.
At the smallest (about one year) eczemas arise on cheeks, a neck, a tummy, buttocks, sgibatelny surfaces of handles and legs. When bubbles break, the inflamed places become wet, and then on them it is possible to notice crusts of yellow color. At school students atopic dermatitis is shown on soles of feet, palms, places of bending of hands, they claret or red, among themselves often merge, very much itch. It is noticed that symptoms arise in a cold season more, by summer they disappear. At adults eczema acts on a face, a neck, hands, a breast, under knees or in a groin. Skin in these parts grows coarse, reddens, dries, bursts and itches.
Why the illness becomes aggravated?
Carry to the factors serving as prerequisites for an aggravation:
- Errors in a diet. Patients should exclude the products relating to group of potential allergens, that is provokers of an illness from the diet. Even small deviations from a hypoallergenic diet can "awaken" illness symptoms.
- The irritants contacting to skin (laundry detergents, soap, deodorants, spirits, woolen products).
- Change of weather conditions or climate. Damp, windy and cold weather promotes aggravations.
- The hormonal reorganizations happening in an organism of pregnant women, teenagers.
- Skin infections (, streptococcal defeats of integuments and so forth).
When symptoms pass, affected sites of skin often dry, are shelled, one surfaces on a body are lighter than others, in mouth corners quite often there are painful cracks (them zayedam call).
At people with atopic dermatitis therefore to them herpeses, conjunctivitis, the milkwoman on a mucous mouth often "become attached" is weakened. The allergy to flower pollen, animal, dust ticks, bronchial asthma can sometimes join.
If parents noticed the symptoms of a disease listed earlier at the child, by all means it is necessary to address to the pediatrician who will direct to the dermatologist, the allergist. Experts will make the diagnosis, previously having conducted a number of examinations:
- skin tests (the tests showing on what there is an allergic reaction);
- definition in blood of quantity of specific antibodies, immunoglobulins.
These inspections will allow the doctor to give the correct instructions to the patient concerning further treatment of atopic dermatitis.
Recommendations about treatment
Doctors consider that completely it is impossible to cure an illness as it carries genetic predisposition. It is only possible to prolong the periods of remission and to reduce symptoms. Remission can be reached by the following methods:
- Exception of contact of the kid with that allergen which is the reason of aggravations.
- Application of the means reducing illness symptoms. Sometimes the doctor appoints Advantan, Eloky, other hormonal creams and ointments, making detailed recommendations and instructions about their application. Cream is safer Elidel (even for babies), it does not contain corticosteroids. Application of the moistening means, for example, of the Mustela brand, mousse or Atoderm cream is pertinent. If there is a risk of developing of an infection, the doctor registers Fukortsin, Gentamitsinovuyu ointment, Nizoral can be applied to fight against fungi.
- Erius, Zirtek, Suprastin are inside recommended. In hard cases do injections of Prednisolonum, Dexamethasone.
- Diet, special, individual for each little patient. It can be recommended for the period from six months to two years.
- Purpose of preparations which normalize work of immune system.
- Prevention of factors which can exponentiate an illness.
The children having atopic dermatitis need special leaving and attention from adults.
Carefully choose creams, ointments, laundry detergent, shampoo, soap and other means for the kid. Give preference to hypoallergenic production. Well rinse linen.
Do not allow sweating of the child.
Special approach at a clothes choice is required, it is necessary to remember that some woolen or synthetic means can aggravate an illness.
Diet at atopic dermatitis
And now we will stop on the basis of treatment of atopic dermatitis – observance of a hypoallergenic diet.
Here the main principles to which adhere by drawing up such diet:
- Products which can cause deterioration of a condition of skin and an exacerbation of an allergy are by all means excluded. These are so-called allergens. Each patient has them the. The most widespread and well-known: chocolate, citrus, nuts, strawberry and other berries, tomatoes and other vegetables, fruit of red color, milk, fish, beekeeping products.
- It is necessary to avoid the products rich with a histamine. Among them sausages, smoked products, pastries with yeast, fish canned food, , , coffee. Still release of a histamine is strengthened by such components of ready-made products of food as emulsifiers, fragrances, preservatives, amplifiers of taste, various dyes.
- It is desirable to include as much as possible products containing the substances protecting the skin sections from damages promoting healing and regeneration of fabrics in a diet.
- Not to overload with heavy food a liver which is very busy on clarification of an organism from harmful toxins and other consequences of allergic reactions.
- To reduce intake of gluten (for example, the products containing wheat flour) as at an allergy it is badly transferred by many patients.
The diet which is correctly picked up by the allergist, observance of other useful recommendations will help to extend a remission stage. If there are a rash and an itch again, in smaller quantities. And one more parting word from Mirsovetov: the benevolent and positive situation in a family has to surround the child, teach him correctly and quietly to pass stressful situations, after all if the person is nervous, is upset, worries, it conducts to many diseases, including the skin.