What is the pulpitis?
Many consider that if the tooth nerve inflamed, it and is a pulpitis. Actually, at a pulpitis the whole neurovascular bunch called by a pulp inflames. It feeds each tooth. In tooth there is a pulparny chamber, here in it and the pulp is placed. The soft fabric consisting of blood vessels and nervous fibers a pulp "lives" in healthy tooth silently and has no an effect. But as soon as it inflames, there is so severe and intolerable that the person almost "climbs on a wall". But why the pulp inflames? Can be the reasons of a pulpitis:
- The deep caries or complications which arose at its elimination. If not to treat, the carious cavity and a chamber where the pulp settles down, are divided only by a small fabric layer, then to a nerve the toxic agents emitted by pathogenic microorganisms it get and conducts to inflammatory process.
- The infection which extended in the hematogenic way, came to tooth a blood drain.
- Tooth injuries, especially they are characteristic for athletes.
- Temperature or chemical influence, for example, low-quality material of a seal, wrong actions of the dentist.
The main symptom, certainly, is considered emergence of pain. It can be sharp, pristupoobrazny, aching, "shooting". It appears in one tooth – locally, but the impression that all jaw, nearby teeth too "aches" can be made. Or it gives to a neck, an ear, a temple. And, its intensity amplifies, at hit on tooth cold, hot or sweet. Pains usually amplify at night. So the sharp pulpitis proves. But there are also chronic forms proceeding under a seal bessimptomno or which are periodically followed by the aching pain there will be no complications yet.
Than the pulpitis can become complicated?
If the person persistently does not go to stomatologic policlinic, suffers from pain, spends sleepless nights or swallows of the anesthetizing tablets, it can lead to such complication as periodontitis. From the inflamed pulp the infection gradually gets for borders of tooth and provokes development of inflammatory processes in the fabrics surrounding a fang. Danger consists that there is a destruction of a bone tissue, formation of okolokornevy cysts, granulomas and kistogranulyom. It is difficult to cure the listed centers of an inflammation by therapeutic methods therefore it is necessary to extract the suffering tooth. In addition, the infection from the center can be carried with current of blood on an organism, causing an aggravation of a number of the available chronic diseases of certain bodies.
What to undertake?
If you were overtaken suddenly by severe pain in tooth, it is possible:
- to put on a painful tooth or in his carious cavity the cotton wool moistened with valerian tincture, tooth drops, pharmaceutical solution in concentration of 3%;
- to rinse a mouth the solution prepared from a teaspoon of 3% of solution of peroxide of hydrogen and 100 ml of warm water or infusion from sage leaves;
- to accept inside the analgeziruyushchy, that is anesthetizing tablets, for example, Tempalgin, Pentalgin, , the Nurofen, Nayz.
But all these temporary measures, they will kill pain at some o'clock, and then by all means it is necessary to take a talonchik to the stomatologist.
And here you in the dental chair. At first the doctor will examine a mouth if it is required, will carry out tests on sensitivity. Then the roentgenogram for specification of the diagnosis and scheduling of further treatment is carried out – everything depends on anatomic features of roots and their channels, and also a type of a pulpitis.
How treatment is carried out?
Tasks of the stomatologist include disposal of the patient of intolerable pain, elimination of inflammatory process in a pulp, restoration of a form and physiological function of tooth. 2 methods of treatment are applied:
- Conservative which else call biological. Its purpose: to keep all (or partially) a viable pulp. But it is possible only in case the inflammatory phenomena have reversible character. It is possible to apply a biological method at injuries of tooth or at careless opening of a pulp during procedure of treatment of deeply come caries. The opened pulp carefully is processed by antiseptics then the laying made on the basis of a trikaltsiyfosfat or hydroxide of calcium is imposed. Only then it is possible to start sealing. After such treatment the inflammation has to be removed, but the doctor will recommend annually to come to reception and to do a X-ray of the treated tooth to watch its state. And one more important condition – a method approaches if from the moment of emergence of a toothache passed no more than two days.
- The surgical – is directed on full removal of a pulp, process is called as an extirpation. And only then it is possible to start sealing of channels, a tooth cavity, restoration of its look. The method includes some stages going one after another. Vital tactics of treatment is carried out without use of arsenic. Anesthesia becomes (local), then delete the food remains which underwent caries of fabric and open a tooth cavity, and the pulp then inflamed is removed. Further by means of special tools root channels are processed that any centers of an inflammation did not remain. Washing with antiseptic solutions is obligatory. Devitalny tactics of treatment is based on at first to kill by means of arsenic or bezmyshyakovisty preparations (less toxic, consisting of paste with paraformaldehyde and anesthetic) the inflamed nerve. The means capable to kill a nerve is put for some days when the patient comes the second time to reception, the nerve which lost sensitivity delete. Further the become empty root channels fill with hermetically sealing material (usually it is gutta-percha) that then in it microbes did not become populated.
In modern clinics before starting treatment, carry out anesthesia, that is anesthesia that the patient did not feel pain during manipulations of the stomatologist. A place where anesthetic will be entered (Ultrakain, Lidocaine) at first process the gel having superficially anesthetizing properties.
When sealing channels the control roentgenogram that the doctor was convinced is carried out that emptiness in the channel are not present.
If after visit to the stomatologist and statements of a seal at you continue pains, especially in late time of day, it can say that, perhaps, the part of the inflamed pulp remained in the channel, here she also lets know about herself. Or the stomatologist badly carried out processing of channels antiseptic solutions before sealing procedure. Then again it is necessary to address to the doctor. If after an otkhozhdeniye of action of anesthesia in the first day of a final stage of treatment small tooth pains are when pressing, but they quickly cease, you should not worry – reaction of an organism to treatment is shown.
After removal of a nerve over time tooth can become gray or absolutely to darken, become fragile. Such phenomenon speaks simply – to tooth nutrients do not arrive with blood, fabrics wear out, but cannot be restored any more. In such cases on tooth put a crown that to strengthen it and to improve an esthetic type of a mouth.
InfoAdvisor.net warns readers that actions of inexperienced stomatologists can lead to such complications, as:
- seal material exit for a root top;
- insufficient filling of the root channel with sealing material with presence of emptiness;
- nezaplombirovka of one of channels because of its nondetection;
- formation of an opening in a wall of tooth or the root channel;
- change of the special tool used at treatment in a channel cavity.
Whether there are features at treatment of a pulpitis at children?
In milk teeth the pulpitis develops promptly. Treatment bases same, as well as at adults. But there is also a number of features. It is very important that process of an inflammation did not pass to the fabrics located about tooth after all into them there are rudimentary bases of second teeth. Children's doctors apply materials which will not affect further a rassasyvaniye of backs of milk teeth. The special pastes having property to resolve along with roots during change of dairy zubik with constants are used. Anesthesia has to be qualitative and harmless to children. Stomatologists try to keep a milk tooth, after all early removal of such teeth can lead to formation at the patient of the wrong bite.
To be saved from a pulpitis, in due time treat caries. Even if there is no pain, try to visit twice a year the stomatologist that the doctor observing your teeth revealed and fixed problems in a mouth.