Stomatitis is the disease which is characterized by an inflammation of a mucous membrane of a mouth. It causes discomfort, pain of various degree, deterioration of life in the patient. InfoAdvisor.net tells about the reasons, symptoms, treatment and prevention of stomatitis.
As a rule, to establish the reason of developing of this disease it is problematic. It is considered that stomatitis is an illness of dirty hands and only small children have it. Both of these statements are false. Any person, irrespective of age can get sick with stomatitis. Simply because of not created children's immunity kids from the birth till three years most often have stomatitis.
The list of the possible reasons of stomatitis looks as follows:
- inadequate level of hygiene of an oral cavity (a dental plaque, the destroyed teeth – the excellent environment for reproduction of opportunistic microflora);
- injuries of a mucous membrane ("zakusyvaniye" of cheeks or language, burns from hot food, scratch about splinters of teeth, etc.);
- avitaminosis (shortage of vitamins of group B), unbalanced food;
- general decrease in immunity, stressful states;
- allergic reactions to food or medicines;
- abuse of alcohol and tobacco smoking;
- various diseases of blood, bodies of a digestive tract, endocrine violations;
- viruses and bacteria.
Some researches allow to claim, what even containing laurilsulfat sodium (a strong cleaner, allergen) can damage mucous a mouth and provoke emergence of stomatitis.
Types and symptoms of stomatitis
Depending on the prime cause stomatitises divide on:
- traumatic (develops owing to a physical or chemical trauma mucous);
- infectious (is caused by various bacteria, viruses or fungi);
- specific (is a symptom of a concrete disease – tuberculosis or syphilis);
- symptomatic (it is provoked by various general diseases).
There is also a classification by clinical manifestations:Catarrhal stomatitis
– the most widespread type of stomatitis. Bad of a mouth usually leads to its emergence.
Symptoms: mucous a mouth inflames, swells (on the mucous "prints of teeth" are visible), there are painful feelings at acceptance of food. Periodic bleedings of gums, a notable are possible. Visible defects mucous (ulcers) it is not observed.Ulcer stomatitis
– as a rule, develops against the started catarrhal form. From it people with chronic diseases of a gastrointestinal tract also suffer (colitis, gastritis, duodenit).
Symptoms: on the mucous one or several painful ulcerations covered with a gray raid are formed. Is surprised mucous on all thickness. Acceptance of food becomes painful and painful, especially at numerous ulcers. This type of stomatitis is followed by temperature increase of a body and increase in lymph nodes under the lower jaw. Aftozny stomatitis
– is characterized by gradual increase in quantity aft – yazvochek correct round (more rare oval) forms, with bright red "border", covered with a gray raid.
Treatment of stomatitis
Important condition of fast recovery is correctly picked up and in time the begun treatment. On average treatment lasts from four days to two weeks. The integrated approach is very important.
At first it is important to find out the reason which provoked emergence of a disease. If the exacerbation of chronic diseases of a gastrointestinal tract takes place, it is necessary to address to the gastroenterologist. As for treatment of stomatitis, it is reduced to:
- local therapy – rinsing, washing, a mouth irrigation, use of special ointments;
- the general therapy – use of antibiotics or antiviral preparations (depending on a type of stomatitis), (vitamin complexes, immunomodulators), antihistaminic preparations (for the prevention of hypostases mucous).
It would be desirable to talk in more detail about local therapy. Or rather, about self-treatment. You should not hope for national recipes from the Internet and to be treated independently. In treatment of stomatitis it is important to establish and eliminate a cause of illness, without it any treatment will be ineffective. And considering your painful feelings, it is not necessary to tighten with a campaign to the doctor!
Rinsings of a mouth grass broths, an irrigation mucous antiseptic sprays (antimicrobic preparations) with the anesthetizing effect (Orasept), use antiviral (oksolinovy ointment) and wound healing means (sea-buckthorn oil) are most often appointed. In each case the doctor appoints the individual scheme of treatment.
To facilitate the state, try not to drink some sour, cold or hot drinks, do not eat firm food. Week it is necessary "to keep" to a diet, using food in the wiped look (soups, porridges). Replace toothpaste – ask in a drugstore (and it is better at your dentist) toothpaste without laurilsulfat. This paste will not irritate mucous and will accelerate recovery.
Treatment of stomatitis at children
If to speak about stomatitis at children, it is provoked by bacteria (dirty hands, non-compliance with hygiene of a mouth) or viruses (a virus of simple herpes or flu) that against not created immunity brings to a painful current and long recovery. It is important to understand that the main care of parents at treatment of stomatitis is reduced not only to implementation of recommendations of the doctor. The main thing – to create conditions under which the saliva will be produced in enough (cool air indoors, high humidity) and plentifully to give to drink to the child. At stomatitis children have strong intoxication therefore without plentiful drink the kid will become sluggish, threat of dehydration will increase. Some pediatricians claim that at observance of the above mode (it is cool, damp in the room plus plentiful drink) even without additional treatment stomatitis passes in 4-5 days.
Prevention of stomatitis
Not to "meet" this artful disease, it is necessary to observe personal hygiene – in due time to treat teeth, to clean them twice a day, to wash hands, vegetables and fruit with soap. Is in addition important balanced to eat (especially the products containing vitamins B and C) to avoid injuries mucous, to use the sparing toothpastes.