Often pellets are formed on knitted or knitted things. Most of hostesses are convinced that such can happen only to low-quality things. Actually is not and even the same fate can comprehend the most expensive branded things.
Even if to make thrifty use of things, to erase special means for woolen fabrics and in the delicate mode, accurately to carry, over time the thing will all the same gradually wear out and will lose the original form. Do not blame yourself that you inaccurately carry things, InfoAdvisor.net claims that the smallest fibers of threads sputyvatsya in small lumps because there is a mechanical friction of fabric. And even if to carry a thing very accurately, all the same in process socks should be moved, moved with hands and to press them to sides.
Methods of fight against pellets
To get rid of pellets which do not do a thing tidy at all, Mirsovetov recommends to give a favourite jacket to a dry-cleaner or to try to clean the formed balls from clothes independently.
Before starting updating of your thing, postpone all urgent affairs and prepare to that you need a lot of free time and, naturally, patience.
There is a set of ways of disposal of pellets:
- emery paper;
- brush (clothes or old tooth);
- adhesive tape;
- special machine.
Perhaps, you remember how your mothers returned to things an original form by means of an ordinary edge? Here is how time for knitted and woolen things will also be acceptable such way.
Let's consider every way separately:
- How to clean pellets by means of an edge. Work requires an equal flat and firm surface (it is possible to put the washed and dried up thing on a table, a floor or a window sill). This place has to be well lit. Take the ordinary Soviet razor (modern with helium strips will not approach). Process a surface accurately, moving from the top part of a product to the lower. You should not swing vigorously the machine because it is possible to hook on a big site and on a product the hole is formed. After processing of a thing it it is necessary to turn and do "cleaning" once again – but already in the opposite direction.
- Emery paper - the checked and at the same time effective way of disposal of the confused small knots. On a way of impact on a product this method is similar to work of an edge, but there is one essential advantage – fabric remains whole. It is necessary to choose an emery paper with a fine grain not to damage a cloth. It is undesirable to apply a nazhdachka on smooth products because it can lead to excessive "lokhmatost".
- Brush with a soft bristle – an ineffective and at the same time dangerous way. There is a risk to damage a surface or to stretch it. It is possible to use a brush for clothes of the small size, or to leave for such purposes an old with the soft fulfilled bristle. In the course of work it is necessary to watch that pellets clung on a brush therefore you need to regulate pressing. It is impossible to clean a product against "pile" because so the surface can be fluffed up and become thinner in problem places. Such way will be suitable for fluffy things from mohair or a mohair more.
- The adhesive tape or roller with a sticky cloth will allow to clean small pellets from clothes. The method is effective in that case when not really there is a lot of balls. Simply to work with an adhesive tape: take a small strip of an adhesive tape and apply it to a surface with pellets. Well press, and then the sharp movement remove a tape. On the sticky party there have to be small small knots. This method will not be suitable for updating of products with long fibers because after application of an adhesive tape on a surface "bald" islands will be obviously noticeable. It is also possible to get rid of small lumps by means of a roller with an adhesive tape. Such adaptation is on sale in shops, but at desire it is possible to build in five minutes the device for mechanical cleaning of products independently. Take an ordinary glass bottle and a bilateral adhesive tape. Reel up it on a bottle and use! The roller will remove small lumps from clothes and will help to clean fibers from woolen products.
- For those who does not wish to use national methods, there is a special machine for removal of pellets – a sheyver. It can work both from a network, and from accumulators. It is very convenient device which can be taken with itself in a handbag and if necessary to give things an original form. The tiny machine works by the same principle, as well as the razor – it skims, thus does not mention fabric. Sheyver costs not much and is safe in operation. From shortcomings of a sheyver are marked out him fragility because edges of the device zatuplyatsya quickly and efficiency of the machine decreases. Also inexpensive models working from a network or accumulators quickly overheat and to clean one product (a jacket, trousers or ), it is necessary to spend a lot of time and to do it step by step. Besides, the majority of models are equipped with small containers which are quickly hammered with lumps and they need to be stopped and released often.
From clothes it is possible to carry to ineffective methods of disposal of lumps:
- scissors. Time it will be spent as much, how many and for removal of pellets manually. It is necessary to use small sharp cuticle scissors and to watch to cutting off the superfluous. The risk is great to damage fabric therefore the way suits only for cutting from a surface of a woolen product of several tens lumps;
- . If on your clothes big lumps were formed, they can try to be combed by means of a hairbrush with rare teeth. Choose a strong comb with small cloves;
- scouring sponge. One party of a sponge is made of foam rubber, and the second – has the rigid basis. Just it is also possible to try to remove with this party pellets. For procedure it is necessary to use a new and dry sponge. Perhaps, not all lumps will give in to removal therefore after application of a sponge it is necessary to resort to other, more effective methods;
- ordinary bread. Perhaps, our grandmothers and great-grandmothers applied this method to remove the mixed-up fibers from clothes. For removal of balls from clothes take some chunks of friable bread and dry them in an oven. It is desirable to cut off bread thick pieces that during the work it did not crumble. Take one such crouton and accurately carry out on clothes. Watch that the surface was not deformed. Do not use white loaf because then you should clean a thing also from crumbs.
Of course, the easiest and fast way of disposal of pellets from clothes will be a professional dry-cleaner. You need to give simply a thing in a charge of skilled workers which will clean from a surface all lumps in the mechanical way or by means of special liquid, and then will process a thing structure which will prevent emergence of new pellets.
How to look after clothes
After from clothes pellets are removed with any of the above described ways, you will want to learn how not to allow further emergence of lumps.
For a start it is worth dealing with the reason. Experts claim that pellets are formed on clothes which were made with violation of technology. So, if as a part of a product there are synthetic fibers, or threads have a leaky interlacing, in the course of inaccurate operation of a product of emergence of pellets not to avoid.
Upon purchase of clothes look narrowly: if on a knitted cloth there is a pile, when carrying it will roll down in small balls. Besides, the twirled threads or long broaches of a thread on fabric can become the reason of emergence of small knots.
And it is natural, nobody cancelled accuracy of the address with a product. Therefore, it is better to prevent emergence of pellets, than then to get rid of them.
How to look after woolen and knitted products:
- read the instruction on care of clothes. Be not too lazy and study the symbols specified on a label;
- woolen and knitted products can be erased manually (water temperature is not higher than thirty degrees) or in the washing automatic machine (the delicate mode, water temperature – thirty degrees, an extraction on the minimum turns);
- it is undesirable to wash such things powders therefore buy special liquid means for washing without bleach;
- in the rinsing mode when washing products in the automatic washing machine or manually use the softening conditioners;
- to dry the products inclined to formation of pellets, follows in the straightened look far from heating devices and direct sunshine.
At observance of all recommendations you will manage to prevent emergence of pellets and if it already happened – our councils will help to get rid of them to you.