Each tourist knows that air tickets are exclusively expensive. , , the USA, Australia and other remote corners of the world often remain inaccessible not because there too high prices and for the reason that air flight in these points will make the lion's share of cost of a tourist's package.
A few years ago in the sphere of air transportation there was a break: there were first low budget air carriers – low cost airlines (from English low cost – "the low cost"), which other name discounters or low-costers.
Now low-costers serve the majority of the tourist directions of the world. The ancestor of the budgetary air transportation of steel of the USA, from where in the early nineties the last century this concept was adopted in many countries. The principle of low-costers consists that they offer exclusively low prices of due to decrease in the expenses. It gives the chance to people with low prosperity to dare to have a rest in resorts, to visit the relatives living far and it is simple to travel more often.
Reasons of low prices
So, how low budget airlines achieved the low prices of the ? It is reached by cancellation of many habitual services and privileges:
- it is possible to be registered on flights of low-costers only on the Internet since this service is not rendered in the airport. Also it will be necessary to unpack a boarding pass independently. If to forget to undergo registration procedure in advance, on flight will not let under no circumstances;
- the norm of free conveyance is minimum (often it in general makes 0 kg), and it is necessary to pay extra the decent sum for overweight. For convenience there is a gradation of surcharge depending on the demanded number of kilograms. If necessary additional weight can also be paid by means of the Internet on the site of airline, at the airport this service will be more expensive. Still dimensions of hand luggage (that baggage that it is possible to take with itself aboard) matter – its sizes are STRICTLY stipulated on the site of airline. At the airport there will be a special measuring frame, and in case of excess by luggage of its sizes, it is necessary to leave a suitcase or a bag at the airport;
- onboard planes there will be no free food and drinks;
- there will be no services of a business class: neither convenient wide chairs, nor special service;
- the airports at which low-costers are based, and the airports of points of their appointment – are most often used not most "not convenient", remote from the tourist centers;
- the staff of airlines very small, crew carries out all functions (from loading of baggage, before service of passengers);
- the ticket will be more expensive to those, than it is more than passengers onboard. Therefore the earlier the ticket is bought, the cheaper it will cost;
- onboard there are no the fixed places for landing. At desire personally to choose a place which you will take in flight, it is necessary to pay so-called priority boarding – opportunity to use priority landing. It will mean only that everything who ordered this service, will be started aboard the first.
It is necessary to tell that all these "deprivations" with interest pay off at the expense of really very reasonable prices for air tickets. Low-costers are the most loaded airlines in the world. For example, air flight across Europe can cost no more than 20 euro.
Who can use services of budget airlines?
In principle, anyone, naturally. For this purpose it will be required to visit the website of discounter, to select the destination, dates, to note desirable paid services and to reserve the air ticket, having paid it by means of a credit card. The main thing attentively to read terms of return of the air ticket, rule of registration for flight, norms of conveyance, etc.
Of course, the majority of airlines have no on the site of the Russian menu therefore at ignorance of English it is necessary to use a translation program.
What budget airlines have departures from Russia?
Unfortunately, the Russian low-costers rendering the services earlier could not sustain the competition. It concerns "Avianova" and "Sky Express": 2011 almost at the same time they left from the market.
Today it is possible to use services of such airlines:
- AirBerlin, Germany: www .airberlin.com;
- Blue1, Finland: www .blue1.com;
- EstonianAir, Estonia: www.estonian-air.ee;
- FlyDubai, UNITED ARAB EMIRATES: WWW .flydubai.com;
- GermanWings, Germany: www .germanwings.com;
- Norwegian, Norway: www .norwegian.com;
- Niki, Austria: www .flyniki.com;
- PegasusAirlines, Turkey: www .flypgs.com;
- Vueling Airlines, Spain: www .vueling.com;
- Windjet, Italy: www.volawindjet.it;
- easyJet, Great Britain: www .easyjet.com
Very often low-costers offer the difficult combined routes when flight takes place with a quantity of changes. In that case time in way can reach days, and even more. But many tourists are ready to go on such conditions, wishing to save on the air ticket as much as possible.