Now there is a huge number of grades of the delphiniums causing interest. Brushes can be simple or branchy, and flowers – simple, two-row semi-terry and magnificent terry. Admirers of delphiniums have plants with white or dark eyes. And still flowers meet pink, white, lilac. If delphiniums cause admiration in you, InfoAdvisor.net will help to achieve dream – will make recommendations about their cultivation in a garden.
Variety of delphiniums
Plants belong to family of the lyutikovy. Once Greeks compared blue buds to the head of dolphins therefore the name "delphinium" received a plant. Wild-growing types it is known about 350. The German selector Karl Ferster entered them into culture in the 19th century. Odnoletniki blossom from July to the September. And perennials blossom twice – at first in June, and then in September. These blossoming "columns" under favorable conditions most often reach height from 1,5 to 2 meters. Leaves have palchato-rassechyonny (or separate). In the people a delphinium nicknamed a shpornik as at graceful flowers are present "shporets". Skilled gardeners use a plant, doing of it infusions for fight against plodozhorka, pililshchik, a plant louse, the cabbage white butterfly.
Let's call the most known and popular grades with flower growers:
- "The blue butterfly" - krupnotsvetkovy plants, their height is up to 60 cm. Flowers unusual, bright, azure-blue, are collected in a rare brush. And still there are "White" and "Pink" "butterflies" differing only on color.
- The Pacific group – flowers the violet, cornflower-blue, having black peepholes or flowers lilac, pinkish, bluish, and glazochek white. One of representatives - "King Arthur" - at it flowers have to be violet, and a peephole in core - white.
- Marfinsky hybrids – pyramidal inflorescences on a tall bush or undersized, compact which even should not be tied up. Are removed in Russia. "Daughter of winter", "Morpheus".
- The New Zealand hybrids – them are distinguished by power, resistance to diseases, decorative effect:
- white with the black center;
- the terry blue;
- terry white ("Snow lace");
- terry white at which petals are cut;
- semi-terry celestial-blue color, and in core a white peephole;
- pink semi-terry and terry;
- semi-terry pink and crimson, having the brown center;
- terry and semi-terry lilac shades;
- semi-terry two-flower beds – one layer blue, and the second has lilac coloring;
- the terry purple.
Novelty – the superterry hybrids created by Scot Tony Kokli. In one flower it is possible to count from 45 to 58 lepestochok. Height of these plants is from 1,2 to 1,5 meters. Here some names: "Morning Sunrise", "Crystal Delight", "Blueberry Pie".
Features of landing of seeds
Many beginning flower growers complain that repeatedly tried to grow up from the bought seeds seedling, but attempts did not crown progress. The matter is that seeds of delphiniums very quickly lose the viability. It is necessary to use them in the first year after collecting. For example, in September collected, and in February or March put on seedling. And it is desirable to store seeds before landing in the refrigerator, at a temperature of +5 degrees. Not always on packings write about stratification. And after all long cooling, contrasts of temperatures for seeds of delphiniums are very desirable. So, we presoak for three hours seeds before landing. Then we sow seeds in small containers, we close densely a film. As soil we take the usual earth from a garden, we mix it in equal parts with river sand. Now it is necessary to place them for 10 days in the refrigerator, for example, in the sliding container intended for vegetables. – we get the following stage from the refrigerator and we put for the night to the battery. And then already we put on a window sill, temperature is indoors preferable about 20 degrees. Shoots usually are shown in the rage from the seventh till the eleventh day.
If there is no opportunity to be engaged in spring crops, Mirsovetov offers other way – sowing on a separate gryadochka towards the winter. Choose a place solar, close up seeds on 3-4 mm. When there come frosts, at once cover this place dry leaves. Clean leaves in the spring, soon there will be shoots. When seedlings grow up, they can already be attached on "the" residences. Bushes will grow powerful over time and high therefore the distance between them has to be not small.
Care of seedling
Our containers stand on a window sill. It is not necessary to cover them any more. Sometimes it is possible to highlight a phytolamp. If necessary accurately water them. When to boring it becomes close, them it is dived. In April we start tempering the seedling, taking out on a loggia. In May it is ready to landing.
Landing in a garden
If weather allows, is closer to the middle of May seedling of delphiniums we place on beds in a garden. By this time the seedling will look developed and got stronger. Choose places that well get warm the sun, protected from a strong wind that in the spring and in the fall water did not stand there. To help delphiniums to take roots and get accustomed on a new place, to save from night falling of temperatures, we cover them with the cut-off plastic small bottles in the first week. When notice that the landed delphiniums went to growth, shelters can be cleaned.
That bushes turned out magnificent, flushing much and well blossoming adhere to the following conditions of their contents:
- Delphiniums need manure and ashes. They can be thrown under bushes in the spring. Want to feed up plants "mineral water", then bring nitrogen in the spring, and in August supply plants with phosphorus-potassium fertilizers.
- Regularly water them. Sometimes happens to bring enough under a bush a bucket of water of times in seven days. Do not pour water on leaves, it has to arrive to roots. Diseases affect those plants which incorrectly pour down, that is on leaves.
- It is pleasant to delphiniums if after watering to them porykhlit the earth.
- It is not necessary to keep plants under a turf layer, then the top layer of earth is condensed, badly passes to roots air. Delphiniums do not recognize the sour soil, grow on it sickly, a sickly look.
- When plants have height of 60 cm, it is desirable to tie up them to stakes that fragile stalks did not break. And stakes can be painted green color, then they will be imperceptible.
- If summer rainy to save landings from mealy dew, powder leaves ashes.
- When the stalk otsvetat, cut off it at the earth. Then after a while will grow new tsvetonosa, approximately in a month the delphinium will blossom again.
- In the spring, at detection that the bush flushed much, leave 5 of the strongest of them, break out the others, they can be let on shanks. Then flowers will be large.
- If notice the first symptoms indicating mealy dew, process a plant Fundazol (or Topaz).
- If you liked a grade, it is possible to multiply it in the fall a cherenkovaniye or division of a bush, then "children" will keep all signs of "parents". In the middle of September prepare holes in which place 40 grams of a nitrofoska, a half of a bucket of compost. If the soil sour, surely bring ashes. Stir everything. Make holes, place "child" there, straighten backs. Cover with earth and water. For the best wintering to a zamulchiruyta a place humus, thickness of a layer make about 4 cm. In May level a place a rake, strew nitrofosky.
InfoAdvisor.net wishes you to wait for amicable shoots from seeds and delightful blossoming of delphiniums!