Yellow flowers – as if a symbol of revival, new changes which, perhaps, will come with a spring. It is possible to call these bulbous plants unpretentious, the even beginning flower grower will be able to grow up them. It is only necessary to know a number of features which will share with the readers of InfoAdvisor.net.
Interesting about a poetic plant
Narcissus poeticus – such is the scientific name of "hero" of our article. Believe that the word "narcissus" came from a verb of "narkao" that from Greek is translated as "to stupefy, dull, stun". In especially sensitive natures bright aroma of these florets which head is inclined a nabochok, is capable to cause headaches. Lukovichka contain vegetable poisons (alkaloids), they can sometimes become responsible for dermatitis, cardiac , shiver, disorders of digestion. Therefore for an exception of direct contact put on gloves during the work with bulbs. Many poets at various times sang in the works of this plant, from here and the second part is added to the name – "poetic". As its homeland consider the Mediterranean, and in 1570 as a gift one of copies was brought to England. You are surprised, dear readers, but British call this fragile, fragrant and delicate flower the darling. There is a belief that narcissuses which are placed in a vase in a bedroom of spouses, increase fertility. At Chinese narcissuses are symbols of happy marriage. There is an opinion that narcissuses are capable to liquidate breakdowns in aura, to make it complete. Homeopathists use for the medical purposes essence from the blossoming plant. Oil of a narcissus, its bulb folk healers for treatment of diseases, for example, , cough, furuncles use, , .
Form at bulbs the rounded pear-shaped. Vershinok can be not one, and a little. Backs threadlike, white color. Leaves are collected in the socket, they leathery, dense, linear. On a tsvetonosa leaflets are not present, its height from 8 to 60 cm (everything depends on a grade). And now we pass to the most beautiful – the flower consisting if it single, from 6 petals, there is an outgrowth in the form of a tube, saucers, cups.
We choose a grade
Thousands of grades are already removed by selectors. You will surely find what will perfectly look in that place of a garden where you place them. Selectors divide a huge number of hybrids into groups:
- the tubular;
- the terry;
- multiflowered (tatsetovidny) – on a stalk can be to 20 florets;
- the poetic;
- bulbokodium – the small florets very similar in a form to hand bells;
- the razreznokoronchaty – petals and a crown on an edge have a fringe;
- the other;
- specific (wild).
And now InfoAdvisor.net offers the list of the most popular grades:
- Carlton – an early-flowering, yellow okolotsvetnik, a crown of a funnel-shaped form, a bowl too yellow, goffered on edge.
- Flower Drift – will be pleased with early blossoming, a large white okolotsvetnik and bright orange-red outgrowths of shares.
- Cool the Flame - smaller flowers of average term of blossoming, the funnel-shaped, goffered on an edge crown has unusual salmon coloring.
- Passional – blossom approximately in the middle of May, differ in a cup-shaped crown with goffering, its color light orange.
- Doctor de Mol – an okolotsvetnik white, and here shares of a yellow cutting crown are very raised up, tower over it.
- Molz Hobbi – it is possible to carry to late, a light-lemon okolotsvetnik, and a crown cutting, very strongly corrugated, bright lemon.
- Ays King – it is possible to carry to pozdnotsvetushchy, an okolotsvetnik white, outgrowths of his shares at first slightly kremovaty, and at an otsvetaniye become white.
- Horace, Aspasia, Martha Washington, Geranium – their flowers are brought together in a brush, representatives of tatsetovidny group, showed good winter hardiness.
- Aktey and other grades of poetic group can blossom even in shadows, too the winter-hardy.
- In private – from tsiklamenovidny, the head hangs, and petals on it are strongly unbent back.
It is better to get some grades that they blossomed at different times, replacing each other.
Nuances of cultivation
To grow up on the site or a flower bed about an entrance beautiful narcissuses it is not difficult at all. Now we will note important details about which learned from skilled judges and fans of narcissuses:
- It appears, it is necessary for narcissuses that at the soil by all means there was a clay, on sand they grow much worse.
- Many types climbed down to us mountains, therefore an important condition – to make a drainage before landing.
- Be not late in the fall with landing acquired lukovichek, after all they should take roots well before there comes cold weather. For example, in the Moscow region it is desirable to carry out landing from August 25 to September 17. If there is a warm weather, they will take roots in 3 weeks.
- Cover the landings a five-centimetric layer of collected foliage, such "blanket" will help them to winter.
- You will be able to estimate beauty of a grade not earlier than in 2 years, at the first season a high probability that they will blossom still rather weakly. The first two years leaves at novelties on acclimatization.
- When narcissuses faded, remove their drying-up heads, let them do not spend force for ripening of seeds, and let them on strengthening of bulbs. And here do not cut off leaflets at least 6 weeks (or even more long), let die off naturally.
- Remember that narcissuses do not take out podkormok with fresh manure.
- If you want to surprise acquaintances with the narcissuses blossoming in a pot in the winter, the multiflowered bumagovidny narcissus remarkably will be suitable for a vygonka.
"Islands" of the blossoming narcissuses perfectly look on lawns, along paths, on beds with spring flowers, about reservoirs, under trees. Forget-me-nots, hyacinths, tulips, primroses, astilba, violets, peonies, day lilies will be good neighbors for them.
Places are pleasant to narcissuses solar, but it is possible to put them and in a penumbra. From soil soil it is more preferable loams, they will detain moisture for your plants. For a start examine the landing material, reject soft, patients, the damaged lukovichka. If at material already started growing small backs, it is necessary to handle them extremely accurately not to break off. It is desirable to dig up the place planned for narcissuses in 2 weeks prior to landing, if necessary to add humus, peat, clay, ashes, the mineral complex having phosphorus, potassium in structure. If you know that the soil on your site sour, bring a dolomitic flour, lime. Very beautifully the blossoming narcissuses when they are placed by "circle", "island" look. That so it turned out, distance between lukovichka do 10 cm. If you want that the interesting grade bred quicker, place landings by "row", doing a distance more – 18 cm. So, in the paved way by a rake we do holes, on a bottom we strew small stones, coarse sand, that is we drain. We place lukovichka on depth which is equal to threefold height available lukovichek. Then water landings a little, but be not overzealous, differently lukovichka can decay. Slightly to a zamulchiruyta these places to prevent a podmerzaniye if early frosts suddenly appear suddenly. When the fall with a low rainfall, can be demanded small watering.
When plants get accustomed, easy to look after them – sometimes carry out loosening, weeding, watering. It is necessary to remove a mulch in the spring, to feed up plants (if it is required) mineral complexes. During the spring three top dressing usually become, the last thus is carried out after blossoming to feed lukovichka already by the next season.
When it is necessary to replace narcissuses?
If your narcissuses are put very compactly, in three years they should be replaced. If they grow along a path, change can be made later – in 4 years. An obvious signal that narcissuses expanded in the earth that they should be multiplied in other places, this reduction of the size of florets. The prolific lukovichka can give in a year near to 6 "children". It is necessary to dig out bulbs when leaves turned yellow and "laid down". Then all dug out we examine, – we destroy the sick and damaged copies. After carefully we wash out good bulbs in water, we send them for 15 minutes to dark solution of potassium permanganate. Then we display them on drying in tenyochek. Until landing of a bulb it is possible to store in a shed in small boxes, having spread out them in one layer. The room has to be aired.
How narcissuses winter?
If you are sure that a grade winter-hardy, it is possible not to cover them in the fall, and only to zamulchirovat before snow thawing. But if grades from group tatsetny, terry, are brought from warm edges, it is better to make secure and cover. Especially protect recently put lukovichka. We use a dry grass, leaves as "a winter cover".
Let the radiant narcissuses which are grown up according to our recommendations lighten you mood when work in a spring garden or have a rest on a small bench near the blossoming bed.